This smoothie just screams summer. It demands patio lounging, copious amounts of sunshine and definitely kicking your shoes off. A big must for me is adding heathy fats and protein into a smoothie. This will help to keep you full for longer, fending off the mid-morning munchies.
The protein and healthy carbohydrates also make it a great option for after your favourite sweat session, whatever that may look like. This smoothie is also a nice way to keep cool on long days spent bronzing on the beach. Or you can pack in your bag when you’re hitting the open road for an adventure. Oh boy, isn't summer great?
This fruit-forward sipper is sure to start your morning off on the right foot - whether there is sunshine in the forecast or not. Hope you enjoy!
- 6 medium strawberries
- 1 mango
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1 scoop your favourite vanilla protein or 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- small handful ice
- optional: small handful fresh mint or basil
Note: I'm also all for adding a big handful of your favourite greens into this recipe to amp up the plant-power of this tasty smoothie.
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and whiz up until smooth.
- Top with some unsweetened coconut flakes if you’re feeling fun and/or like to chew your smoothies like me.
- Feast away!
Are you a smoothie fanatic? Love starting your morning with something sweet to sip on?Comment below if you would like to see more of my favourite easy and nourishing smoothies on Manifeast!